Wednesday 17 October 2012

Wherein I get Roger to blog

My cunning plan to get Roger Sayle to write down some of his findings has come to fruition. NextMove Software now has its own blog with posts from Daniel Lowe, myself and Roger on ChemSketch to Mol conversion, visualising a hierarchy of substructures, improving InChIs in Wikipedia, and how using mmap can speed up accessing binary files.

I haven't yet worked out how to decide where I post a particular article but I guess some things are more appropriate for the one blog over the other (e.g. work stuff for work blog, non-work stuff for non-work blog).

I've also taken the opportunity to add a few links to the sidebar. If you're interested in the kind of things I post here, you may want to check out my Google Plus page where I highlight articles in other blogs that I find interesting.

And finally, since this is turning into a meta-post, I encourage you to write your own blog. It takes about 30 seconds to set one up on Blogger (for example), and if it's about cheminformatics, I will read it.

No comments: